How to produce FreeBSD app under Windows?

Mikel King mikel.king at techally.com
Fri Jul 6 17:16:29 UTC 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Serge Slepov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to compile a C++ source into a binary that will run under
> FreeBSD,
> but I only have Windows installed.  What's the easiest way for me
> to do
> this?  Do I have to install FreeBSD?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -Serge

Serge,

	These are just some random thoughts of how you could accomplish your
goal.

	You could look for a system w/ ssh access so that you could obtain a
shell account through which to build your app.  Another option would
be to look into VMWare Player for Windows where you could launch a
prebuilt FreeBSD instance. Additionally you could look into either
VMWare Workstation or Parallels to create your own virtual server for
this development work.

	However, I would wonder why you were building an app for FreeBSD but
not actually already running it?

Cheers,
Mikel King
CITO, Tech Alliance, INC
Senior Editor, Daemon News
39 West Fourteenth Street
Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
http://www.techally.com
http://www.daemonnews.org
t: 212.727.2100x132
How do you spell cooperation? Pessimists use
each other, but optimists help each other.
Collaboration feeds your spirit, while
competition only stokes your ego. You'll
find the best way to get along.