parental control with squid and dansguardian

Zbigniew Szalbot zbigniew at szalbot.homedns.org
Fri Jul 6 15:27:13 UTC 2007

Hello,

>>>Now, if someone just changes the port in their browser to 3128 (squid
> proxy port), then all content filtering will be bypassed.
>
> I have the same setup at home for my kids.
>
> Check the /etc/ipnat.conf file to redirect all web traffic to your
> FreeBSD_gateway_IP_address:8080 (assuming your FreeBSD box acts as a
> firewall/squid/gateway).

Now, I am not sure one thing. ipnat.conf is an ipfilter conf file. I use
pf. I was wondering - maybe I should use squid setup defining an acl that
would banned connection to port 3128 in squid? I am not sure yet how to do
it (all of this is totally new to me) but I guess it is probably quite
simple. Then I should probably set squid in the transparent mode which
would enable me to point browsers to auto-discover proxy settings? Again, I
am not sure my thinking is correct.

Thanks!

--
Zbigniew Szalbot