if_lagg(4) and rc.conf

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Tue Jul 3 18:51:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to configure a lagg(4) interface out of rc.conf.  FreeBSD
doesn't want to initialize the interface at boot.  I'm obviously
missing some little thing.  I'm successfully loading if_lagg into the
kernel, so that's not the problem.

I can configure the interface at the command line if I do a "ifconfig
lagg0 create" and then enter the configuration, but there doesn't seem
to be a rc.conf flag to tell the system to create an interface?

Here's my rc.conf for these interfaces:

ifconfig_em3="up"
ifconfig_em7="up"
ifconfig_lagg0="laggproto lacp laggport em3 laggport em7 10.184.1.19 netmask 0xffff0000"

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org, mwlucas at FreeBSD.org
      Coming Soon: "Absolute FreeBSD" -- http://www.AbsoluteFreeBSD.com