Anyone has migrated Xorg from 6.9 to 7.2 with success ?

Parv parv at pair.com
Tue Jul 3 04:13:10 UTC 2007

in message <46895359.4090503 at esiee.fr>,
wrote Frank Bonnet thusly...

>  I tried twice starting from a fresh 6.2-R installed machine and
>  followed intructions of the updating file but it failed twice ...
>  Once Xorg has been upgraded I've never been able to start X
>  server again , I use KDE so I start X server with the kdm
>  command.

I do not use kde.  Anyway, what else to tell you as I too had no
problems whilst not following the official directions.

I de installed X 6.9.x & all the dependent software; installed X 7.x;
rebuild+reinstalled the needed software.  Somewhere in there set
/usr/X11R6 symbolic link to $LOCALBASE, and set $X11BASE same as
$LOCALBASE in /etc/make.conf.

  - Parv