periodic.conf quieter

Richard Lynch ceo at l-i-e.com
Tue Jul 3 03:53:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, June 13, 2007 4:28 pm, Kelvin Woods wrote:
> You could always re-direct the output to a file...
>
> daily_status_security_output="/var/log/security.log"

[coming back after a suitable wait for a response, I hope...]

My goal is not to stop paying attention to security issues, nor to log
them into a file I'll forget to ever check... :-)

My goal is to get FreeBSD to shut up unless I need to know something.

But do email me when I need to know something.

Right now, it's like a little kid telling me every time he went to pee
or something... :-v

I'm trying the "inline" setting to yes for the security, so at least
I'll only get one pointless email per day instead of two, but I'd
really appreciate any insight from anybody who shares similar goals.

TIA

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?