mDNSResponder and avahi conflict when updade

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Mon Jul 2 03:45:03 UTC 2007

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 16:35:44 +0200
Gaye Abdoulaye <walsimou at walsimou.com> wrote:

> I have a problem when I try to update my "FreeBSD-6.2-STABLE i386
> xorg-7.2 kde-3.5.6" with:
> pkgdb -F
> portupgrade -aPP
> It seems that fr-kde-i18n-3.5.6_1 require net/mDNSResponder.
> But net/mDNSResponder conflicts with avahi+libdns which is required by
> firefox-2.0.0.4_1.

I bumped into the same conflict, although not because of the same packages. I
just unistalled mdnsreposnder and replaced it with avahi+libdns, replacing also
the dependencies with pkgdb.

Both I and the apps are none the wiser for the change ...but nothing seems to
be complaining as yet.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which
they avoid. " Soren Aabye Kierkegaard

Warned.