Synaptics touchpad freezes

Gábor Gábris gabrisgabor at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 22:40:50 UTC 2007

Hi!

I have a problem with my synaptics touchpad under FreeBSD 6.2 on an
Albacomp Eco Traveller V4 laptop (AFAIK a rebranded Clevo M660S). I
have 'hw.psm.synaptics_support=1' in my /boot/loader.conf an the
synaptics driver for X from Ports.
During the daily use of X (browsing, etc.) the mouse cursor freezes at
ranom times for intervals of about 3-5 seconds, than it gets back to
work. But the freezes are likely to occur serially, with some seconds
between them.

During this the following messages show up in dmesg:

can't re-use a leaf (directional_scrolls)!
can't re-use a leaf (low_speed_threshold)!
can't re-use a leaf (min_movement)!
can't re-use a leaf (squelch_level)!

I attach a dmesg before the problem and after the freezes occur.

If anyobody has the same problem or know what causes it or (even
better) knows how to solve it please let me know!

Thanks

Gábris Gábor