FreeBSD 6.2 install CD causes immediate reboot

Andrew Gould andrewgould at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 17:34:47 UTC 2007

I was given a Dell Dimension m200a yesterday by someone
who recently upgraded.  I think it was created around 1997.

CPU:  Pentium
RAM: 48MB

odd:  This PC runs Win95; but has 2 usb ports.  Didn't
Win98 predate usb ports?

When I try to boot up with the FreeBSD 6.2 installation CD,
the system tries to boot from the CD; but then reboots before
anything messages from the CD appear on the monitor.

Is there something I can try, or should I just give up?
I have a hard time throwing functional hardware in the trash.
Maybe I'm struggling too much with my own mortality; but
that's a different discussion.  ;-)

Andrew