Can not compile kernel.

Grant Wagner kithera at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 28 00:05:56 UTC 2007

applecom at inbox.ru wrote: Grant Wagner  wrote:

> Now I have a custom kernel which is failing to build. I've attached the
> config file for it, and it fails trying to build with references about
> ieee80211. The odd thing is I have no wireless in my box and have
> commented out all the wireless references. What else is dependant on
> them and should be commented out as well? The last bit of output is
> below.

>  if_ural.o(.text+0xe5): In function `ural_next_scan':
>  : undefined reference to `ieee80211_next_scan'
>  *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STRIPPED.
>  *** Error code 1
> Stop in /usr/src.
>  *** Error code 1

Remove 'device ural' from your kernel config. file. Ural is a driver for
wireless adapters and depends on 'device wlan' which is commented in your
conf. file.

Thanks applecom, I noticed that too. My kernel have been compiled and now is installed and runs nicely

 Now, on to another problem. I am having difficulty installing cups and getting printing working on my Samsung ML-1710. I've installed cups from port, and the splix driver from http://splix.ap2c.org/. My printer shows up as /dev/ulpt0 and running "echo "stuff" > /dev/ulpt0" causes my printer to warm up, so I know at least I can write to the port and communication is working partially. In the cups menu, I added the printer, and attempted to print a test page. I get an error message saying my quota is full. Wierd as I don't have quota support on this machine.

 Any ideas?
 Grant