How to upgrade an exist freebsd to freebsd6.2 ?

Zbigniew Szalbot zbyszek at szalbot.homedns.org
Sat Jan 27 22:35:17 UTC 2007

Hello,

Oliver Iberien wrote:
> Would you be able to say what you *should* have told mergemaster? Were
> there any other tricky mergemaster bits that you did correctly but are
> worth pointing out?

I failed with mergemaster -cv

I have not repeated this step so I am not sure what exectly I did that
went wrong. I can only repeat what I wrote to the list:

"It was my first encounter with mergemaster and I was a bit unsure what to
do with files in /etc. For some that I know I have not customized, I
pressed i for install, for some I pressed m, then <enter>, then q and i to
install the merged files (although - shame on me I was not aware what is
acutally being merged - it was a bit too technical and I was a bit too
scared :). With some files I pressed d.

Anyway, when I rebooted the machine, I found a lot of warnings like this:

source_rc_confs: not found
Entropy harvesting:/etc/rc: Warning: $harvest_interrupt is not set
properly - see rc.conf(5)
/etc/rc: Warning: &harvest_ethernet is not set properly - see rc.conf(5)"

I had never used mergemaster before and I really need to be sure how to
merge changes as I think the problem occured during the step I described.
Sorry I can't be of more help here. I do not have a test machine to play
around and see what I did wrong.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot