BBC debate "Battle of the operating systems"

FreeBSD WickerBill freebsdwicker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 17:04:00 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, Marco Muskus <marcomuskus at gmail.com> wrote:

> want Vista,
> > >
> > > I sent them a comment about how FreeBSD should be included.  I think
> > > that if enough of us send in comments, they'll re-open the submission.
> > >
> > Where did you mail~ usually there's a link like "tell us your opinion"
> etc etc,
> > but I could not see one on that page.
> > --
> > Robin Becker
>

> There is no sense in trying to explain to the media what BSD means,
> its like a try to run the NASCAR or the F1 with a Renault 4. Whats in
> the media lately ? Linux vs Vista vs OS X, no more ... in fact in my
> country a News channel show a report where they said "Vista the most
> advanced and powerfull OS of the world", how did you try to make the
> world understand ?
>
> I don`t think that the BBC will understand
>
> We need a allied,
>

> --
> Marco Muskus
> Movil: 300 5705151

I, and several of my friends addressed BSD advantages on their website. I
then wrote the next day complaining of only having a shoot-out with Windows
and OSX. They finally got around to posting linux usage but are apparently
biased or too STOOPIT! to acknowlege *BSD...which seem really odd as a
netcraft query returns:

Solaris 9/10  Apache/2.0.54 (Unix)  16-Jan-2007  212.58.224.116  BBC
Internet Services,
Docklands.<http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/hosted?netname=BBC-THDO-1,212.58.224.0,212.58.224.255>