nfs mount rw

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Jan 24 20:09:58 UTC 2007

On Jan 24, 2007, at 12:01 PM, WarrenHead wrote:
> I really want is the 'rw by default' bit. So that each user can
> create files and get their own uid:gid accordingly.
> If NIS is the answer here, I would not be surprised. Could it be?

In order for NFS filesharing to work sensibly, the server and client
need to share the same uid/gid information.  You can manually sync
the contents of /etc/group and /etc/passwd, but over the long term,
setting up some form of network directory services (ie, NIS, LDAP/
OpenDirectory, etc) will make life much easier...

--
-Chuck