autostart apache

Karol Kwiatkowski freebsd at orchid.homeunix.org
Wed Jan 24 15:18:21 UTC 2007

Warren Head wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like Apache2 to start automatically when FreeBSD is done booting.
> I thought that would happen because I placed this inside /etc/rc.conf
>
> apache_enable="YES"
>
> But that doesn't seem to be the case. It doesn't start automatically, I
> have
>
> to start it manually with:
> apachectl start
>
> Is this behaviour correct or not?

It depends on which version you've installed (was it www/apache20?
www/apache21?)

Have a look at 'pkg-message' file in the ports tree, here's for apache22
for example:

% $ cat /usr/ports/www/apache22/pkg-message
% To run apache www server from startup, add apache22_enable="YES"
% in your /etc/rc.conf. Extra options can be found in startup script.

HTH,

Karol

--
Karol Kwiatkowski  <freebsd at orchid dot homeunix dot org>