How ignorant a question is this??

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed Jan 24 01:05:02 UTC 2007

	Guys,

	Dunno how dumb this question is to ask, but given the breadth
	of knowledge on this list, this is the place; esp'ly since my
	question involves web-crawlers.  Or spiders[?]

	So I'm thinking of setting loose my own crawler to search.  Are
	there any network tools that will search for pages with  a
	TOPIC and look for any kind of subtopics?  Say the TOP="dogfood"
	and the subtopics are "for poodles", "standard poodles",
	"black poodles."

	i Am pretty good with the search engines, but I thought:
	just for the hell of it....  Any feedback will be greatly
	appreciated.

	tia, people,

	gary

--