cardbus not working

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Tue Jan 23 17:54:18 UTC 2007

felix.schalck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a WLAN pcmcia card working on freebsd 6.2. Kernel with
> cardbus support compiled fine, but when the card is inserted, i get:
>
> Status is 0x30000086
> Status is 0x30000820
> cbb0: card inserted: event=0x00000000, state=30000820
> cbb0: cbb_power: 3V
> cbb0: cbb_power: 0V
>
> Dmesg shows:
>
> cbb0: <ENE CB1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 7.0 on pci2
> cbb0: Found memory at e0202000
> cbb0: Secondary bus is 2
> cardbus0: <CardBus bus> on cbb0
> pccard0: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb0
>
> Any ideas ? What are my possibilities/chances to get it work ?

First shot, and it's from the dark* ...

You don't mention the type of WLAN card.

It *looks to me as if* you don't have driver support for this card.
What's the chipset, and have you researched to see if the card is
supported?  Also, what output does 'pciconf -l' produce?

Kevin D. Kinsey

*I'm not a wireless guru, and don't play one on TV.

P.S.  I didn't choose this .sig intentionally  ;-)
--
You'll feel much better once you've given up hope.