PCIe Core2 Duo Motherboard?

Philippe Lang philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch
Tue Jan 23 07:15:01 UTC 2007

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon1333/5000P/X7DBE.cf

>> This board ships with a 82563EB network controller, which is AFAIK
>> not supported under FreeBSD yet. I haven't tested it, so maybe I'm
>> wrong?
>>
>> Latest intel drivers vresion 6.2.9 says:...
>
> I can't reliably explain it. Maybe I've got an OEM version with some
> other NIC or someone stuck an additional NIC in it before it got to
> me. Or maybe the documentation or the driver are wrong :)

Hum, that means LAN works on a SuperMicro X7DBE motherboard? That's
really good news! I was hesitating buying one, because of the supposed
lack of 82563EB support, but I see I'm wrong. Can anyone explain how
this chip could be supported, even if not mentioned in the driver itself
and in the documentation?

Ivan, do you have the opportunity to open your server, and check what
LAN chip there is inside?

Thanks, bye

Philippe Lang