samba3 -> folders in share show up as 0-byte files (6.1 stable)

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Sat Jan 20 16:31:15 UTC 2007

Hi,

Pretty much vanilla install as per the handbook.  Had to change from
smbpasswd to tdbpasswd to get it working, but that's the only non-standard
operation I did.

Title says it all.  Thought it might be a permissions problem, but I can
walk the whole tree when logged on to the freebsd box locally, so my user
has acess to the whole share.  When I map it remotely  (same subnet, no
firewalls) from my XP box, I can see the share, but all the folders show up
as zero byte files instead of folders.

???

Thanks,
Steve