Multi Boot Installtion FreeBSd+Fedora+Debian

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Fri Jan 19 00:23:29 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 03:52:22 +0530
Anuj Singh <anujhere at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now with the FreeBSD 6.1 installation cd , Installations stops after
> detecting my hard disk. I unplugged my 2nd IDE (with data) as it
> sometimes it shows me data read error thinking it may causing problem.
> Still the problem is same, i can not proceed beyond the detection of my
> first IDE detection.

Hi Anuj,
what does exactly happen?  what part of the installation process ? If you are
already in the ncurses interface, you can switch to another VT (Alt-F2 throught
to F4 at least should work ), where far more detailed information about the
installation process is shown. I think Alt-F2 should give you a console where
you can issue some commands to see what's going on.

Best,
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"I've dirtied my hands writing poetry, for the sake of seduction; that is, for
the sake of a useful cause." Dostoevsky

Warned.