DHCP server questions

Jay Chandler chandler at chapman.edu
Thu Jan 18 21:21:35 UTC 2007

Darryl Hoar wrote:
> Thanks Chuck. I do grok that rebooting is only really needed for new
> kernel
> installs.  Just making network design decisions and want to avoid those
> "Oh, crap" moments.
>
> -Darryl

I haven't found too many mutually exclusive services on Unix.  In
theory, if we did away with redundancy, and got a honkin' HUGE server to
handle the load, we could run our entire University on one FreeBSD box
(didn't they used to call that a Mainframe?).

--
Jay Chandler
Network Administrator, Chapman University
714.628.7249 / chandler at chapman.edu
Today's Excuse: PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)