Firefox refuses to start in FBSD 6.2-RELEASE

Andrew Gould andrewgould at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 20:29:32 UTC 2007

---- Original Message ----
From: Firas Kraiem <fkraiem at enib.fr>
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 1:37:16 PM
Subject: Firefox refuses to start in FBSD 6.2-RELEASE

Hi to all of you !

The title pretty much says it all, when I install Firefox, the install seems
to run without problems but when I try to run it, no joy. If I try to run it
from a terminal, I just get thrown back to the prompt without any output.
This occurs with all the Firefox versions I've tried, i.e. : 1.5.0.8 package
on the 6.2-RELEASE CD, 2.0.0.1 both from packages and ports and 2.0.0.1 Linux
version from ports. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Firas.

What window manager are you running?  Firefox was crashing on KDE; so I tried
it on windowmaker, where it works fine.  Granted, that's not a good solution;
but it may help isolate the real problem.

I hope this helps.

Andrew