Firefox mess in Freebsd 6.1

Andrew Gould andrewgould at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 17:51:36 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael M. Press <deathjestr at gmail.com>
To: Dak Ghatikachalam <dghatikachalam at gmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org; FreeBSD WickerBill <freebsdwicker at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 11:21:02 AM
Subject: Re: Firefox mess in Freebsd 6.1

> I need to try  the Warren's method  to see if that is going to help me,
> first of all I need to read man portupgrade to perform the upgrade from 6.1to
> 6.2 , as i am new into this freebsd world.

The really easy way out is to install the linux-firefox port. If you
do this, flash
should "just work". There shouldn't be any noticeable performance difference
between the native FreeBSD Firefox browser and the emulated Linux one, either.

The flash plugin works great with linux-firefox; but how do you get the
java plugin to work with it?

Thanks,

Andrew