Command Execution Using Script - Similar to Windows Batch File-Like Script (Coding Help)

George Vanev george.vanev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 12:49:21 UTC 2007

I'm sorry I have to tell you this, but your questions are pretty silly
for this mailing list. I suspect I am not the first that have told you this.

Anyway...
I think I saw someone answer you this question - how to make the
perl script. Obviously you have to install perl.

The easiest way is to create a shell script for this.

Try reading a little documentation, before ask such questions.

On 1/16/07, linux quest <linuxquest7570 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear FreeBSD Communities,
>
> Lets say, I wanted to create a Perl script to execute a very simple nmap
> command as listed below, may I know how do I do it?
>
> unix# nmap 192.168.1.2
>
> I know we need to save it in .pl extension. May I know what else I need to
> do?
>
> I have researched and google this for the entire week, but I still can't
> find the solution. For example in Windows, all I need to do is to type "nmap
> 192.168.1.2" and save it in a text file with the extension .bat - and
> everything will be taken care of.
>
> I hope someone can share with me the simple coding to solve this problem.
>
> Thank you so much, guys :)
>
> Regards,
> Linux Quest
>
> Regards,