uname question after update

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Mon Jan 15 19:55:01 UTC 2007

On Jan 15, 2007, at 11:43 AM, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> The number of times you have rebuilt the kernel.
>>
>> (This number gets reset when the OS version gets bumped, I believe.)
>>
>> ---Chuck
>
> Hmm.. that's a new 'feature'. Can that be disabled in any way?

This feature, whatever you might think of it, isn't new.  :-)

But yes, it could be disabled; see /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh and
the number kept in /usr/obj/usr/src/include/version.  Delete /usr/obj/
usr/src/include/version between kernel recompiles and you will always
get a version # of 0.

--
-Chuck