DNS Resolver Problem

linux quest linuxquest7570 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 15 14:57:38 UTC 2007

I have a problem with the DNS setting in FreeBSD. Every 1 hour, I will not be able to ping google.com (because I need to type in my ISP's DNS into /etc/resolv.conf) May I know what is the best solution for this, so that I do not have to type in my ISP's DNS to the resolver all the time? Perhaps, should I set a static IP configuration? If so, may I know which file should I modify?

Thanks.

Regards,
Linux Quest