How to burn IFO, VOB... files to make a playable DVD

Carl J carlj1752 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 14 17:01:47 UTC 2007

Hi! I ripped the ifo, vob... files from a DVD.
But I don't know what programs to use to burn
them to a DVD-R so that the resulting disc
would be playable on an external player
(assuming the external player accepts DVD-R)

It seems growisofs only takes files or whole-disc-image.
And cdrecord and burncd don't seem right either.

Most of the articles I find on the internet are
either for Windows, or they talk about
converting the VOB into a standalone MPG/AVI.
But I want to preserve the original VOB and menus... etc.
Can anyone help?

Thank you!

- Carl