question about Intel NICs

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Sat Jan 13 20:43:00 UTC 2007

	I have a machine that's getting re-purposed, and - based on
comments made here - I'd like to replace the RealTek-based NIC with
Intel.
	However ... I've never dealt with Intel cards before, and I'm
not certain which model is the right choice.  A search of the Intel
web site suggests either the PRO/1000 MT or the PRO/1000 GT.  Given
the machine is vanilla PCI and will be mostly a workstation with
some light server functionality, I'm open to counsel.  (Preferably
with data, but anecdote will do.  :-)

					Robert Huff