Upgrade apache

Greg Albrecht gregoryba at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 19:40:27 UTC 2007

from memory...

for apache:

$ cd /usr/ports/www/apache20
$ make deinstall
$ cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
$ make install

you might need to upgrade your /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf as
some of the directives have changed between 20 and 22. when you try to
start apache it will let you know what's wrong.

for php:

$ cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
$ make install

make sure you select 'apache' in the menu list, otherwise you'll be
stuck with php5 as a cgi (who wants that?)

of course, upgrading to php5 introduces it's own problems, aside from
syntax changes in the language, you'll also need to upgrade all of
your php5 and pecl modules:

$ cd /usr/ports/lang/php5-extensions
$ make install

-g

On 12/01/07, Tim Nilimaa <tim at nilimaa.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do I upgrade apache-2.0.59 to apache22? Do I have to do make uninstall for port apache20 and then make install for apache22?
> I do have php installed - wouldnt that be a problem if I uninstall apache20? Also - upgrading php43 to php51, is it the same thing with that?
>

> Kind regards
>
> Tim

Greg Albrecht (gregoryba at gmail.com)
An Indie, Hip Hop and IDM Podcast: The Letter G
http://theletterg.org