CUPS +

César Amaya csar at 123.com.sv
Fri Jan 12 18:16:49 UTC 2007

Hi list, have you ever installed cups + samba for a print server? That
is what I am trying to do, the print server box set up is as the following:

- FreeBSD 6.1 release
- cups-1.2
- samba 3
- hpijs-2.1.4
- foomatic-db-20061214
- cups-samba-5.0.r3

I have installed and tested the printer properly via web interface of
cups. The problem comes when I try to push the Windows printer drivers
with cups, I get a error message

# cupsaddsmb -H localhost -U root -h localhost -a -v
Password for root required to access localhost via SAMBA:
No Windows printer drivers are installed!
No Windows printer drivers are installed!
No Windows printer drivers are installed!
I have already download the respective drivers.

Any one knows how to fix this?
Thanks in advance!!!