UDP ok but TCP delayed

Bob McIsaac bobmc at bobmc.net
Thu Jan 11 05:25:55 UTC 2007

Hi:

Got helpful replies before but still have a mystery 10 second delay
on a TCP connection. Slashdot takes with all it's links takes about
30 seconds to load in any browser.  One tiny email displays a 10sec
progress bar.  Yet ping, FTP,  or pkg_add seems normal.  I get the
same result on 2 different computers. Both work fine with Linux.

My interest in FreeBSD is as an alternative for embedded projects
where Linux would typically be an automatic choice.

I confirmed with tcpdump that my ISP nameserver replies with
an IP address and nothing happens for 10 seconds until my
browser makes the connection.

Here are my configuration files. I am hoping someone spots
something amiss.

# ---- loader.conf -----------
snd_via8233_load="YES"

# ---- /etc/rc.conf. --------