is THIS why the 6.2 release seems stalled ?

Scott Mitchell scott+lists.freebsd at fishballoon.org
Wed Jan 10 22:40:31 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 10:54:11PM -0600, Nikolas Britton wrote:
> On 1/9/07, Garrett Cooper <youshi10 at u.washington.edu> wrote:
>
> >Don't know about some of the items, but...
> >    -Flash support with Mozilla products is being done through Mozilla's
> >ActionScript Engine:
> ><http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/pressroom/pressreleases/200611/110706Mozilla.html>.
> >So, I expect the latest version of Adobe's Flash Player to be supported
> >on all Unix platforms to some extent in the future. Sound support will
> >be interesting though.
>
> But I use Opera?? And It needs to work with youtube, without crashing
> and without install headaches. 'cd /usr/ports/www/flash; make install
> clean; exit;' then open browser to youtube.com and go. No library
> shuffle or libmap configuring.

I'm not sure how it's FreeBSD's problem that Flash doesn't work in Opera,
but anyway - the latest Opera release (9.10, in ports now) works very well
with the Linux Flash 7 plugin, or at least the beta I tried a few weeks ago
did, and I assume they didn't break it since.  YouTube worked fine, apart
from some loss of sync between the audio & video, but that is apparently
not a FreeBSD-specific problem.

There was a thread about this on -questions about a month ago explaining
what was needed to make it work, although the real 9.10 release, or the
port, might make this easier.

Cheers,

	Scott