is THIS why the 6.2 release seems stalled ?

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Wed Jan 10 15:49:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 12:01:51AM -0600, Nikolas Britton wrote:

> On 1/9/07, Jerry McAllister <jerrymc at msu.edu> wrote:
>
> >FreeBSD is created and supported by volunteers.
> >Seems like you just posted a nice list of things
> >for you to get busy and contribute.
> >

> I don't have time to contribute work, I have a business to manage as
> well as other obligations that come first... I need this stuff to just
> work... so I can get real things done.

Yah, well the people doing it are also busy and working at things
which are supposed to make them a living.   Most make their
FreeBSD contribution work on the side - in addition to their
paying jobs although some are in the fortunate position of working
for someone who recognizes it as also contributing to their
productivity on the job.

There are many ways to contribute.  Not all are writing code.
Some are in documentation and in other services.   And, although
it is a volunteer project, it does require money to support such
things as servers and test machines and network access.

So, if you cannot contribute time and effort and your business is
so valuable, then consider contributing money - to support someone
to work in the project, at least part time.

If you only want to get something for nothing, then you live
in the wrong world.

////jerry