is THIS why the 6.2 release seems stalled ?

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Wed Jan 10 00:28:26 UTC 2007

Nikolas Britton wrote:
> On 1/9/07, Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 09:33:18AM -0800, Jim Pazarena wrote:
>> >
>> http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2007/01/08/a-shadow-lies-upon-all-bsd-distributions
>>
>> > -----------------------------------------------------------------
>> > Gentoo/FreeBSD: license problems require a development pause
>> >

>> http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2007/01/07/gentoo-freebsd-license-problems-requires-a-development-pause

>> > The big license mess, part 2
>> >

>> http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/articles/2007/01/07/the-big-license-mess-part-2
>>
>> > --------------------------------------------------
>> > Gentoo/FreeBSD On Hold Due To Licensing Issues
>>
>> No.
>>
>> Kris
>>

> Why then? Are you guys ever going to do something about Xorg DRI/DRM
> for Radeon cards, Java, and Flash support? More importantly:
> 1. Xen Dom0 support?
> 2. Fix SATA RAID driver problems?
> 3. Better chipset support for new 51xx Xeon and Core 2 Duo systems?
> 4. ZFS support?
> 5. Better support for 2TB, or greater, RAID arrays: (fsck, etc.)?
> 6. Speed up GigE and 10GigE stuff? checksum offloading, Interrupt load
> problems, packet processing speed, etc?
> 7. Better SMP support, GIANT lock in RAID/LAN drivers, etc...
>
> Why should I continue using FreeBSD when the project never delivers on
> it promises?

You shouldn't! If you are that taken back - you certainly don't need the
issues of a project that does not deliver on it's promises.

On the other hand - feel free to use Microsoft's products because we all
know that they tend to keep promises AND, as a extra bonus, create an
ultra secure OS that never fails. And as an extra extra bonus - you have
the luxury of paying a poop-load for all that ... and more!

So - with such an obvious choice (as mentioned above), you really don't
need the failed promises that this project routinely makes to you,
Nikolas Britton!

--
Best regards,
Chris

Everything is revealed to he who turns over enough stones.
(Including the snakes that he did not want to find.)