Why is sysinstall considered end-of-life?

Mark Lu excelblue at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 22:36:47 UTC 2007

I've read up a few things stating that sysinstall is at its
end-of-life and there are plans to replace it. I'm wondering about the
reasons or rationale behind this. Even today, sysinstall seems to work
extremely well as an easy-to-use, simple, and stable tool for the
installation of FreeBSD. None of the features seem limiting or
outdated to me. So, why is there a move to find a replacement or
something? Software shouldn't be replaced for the sole reason of being
old if it works, right?

--
Mark Lu