FreeBSD chroot problem...Please help!!!

VeeJay maanjee at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 11:50:35 UTC 2007

Hello there

I was wondering if someone having great knowledge of FreeBSD chroot system
could give me some help. I trying to run MySQL and Apache under a chroot
envoirnment. But I am getting these errors. Could you please help me to
solve these problems. I have googled a lot but did't find any solution.
Please help!

1. When running MySQL 5.0 in a chroot envoirnment, I get following error:

# chrootuid /chroot/mysql mysql /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld &
[1] 599
# /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: Can't create/write to file
'/var/tmp/ibPM3e0d' (Errcode: 13)
070107 10:43:49  InnoDB: Error: unable to create temporary file; errno: 13
070107 10:43:49 [Note] /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for
connections.
Version: '5.0.27'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 0  FreeBSD port:
mysql-server-5.0.27

2. When running Apache in chroot envoirnment, I get following error:

# chroot /chroot/httpd /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd
fopen: Operation not supported
httpd: could not open document config file /dev/null
I will really appreciate your kind help!

--
Thanks!

BR / vj