Stuck on win32-codecs compilation.

Dak Ghatikachalam dghatikachalam at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 17:38:25 PST 2007

Hi Bill,Juha , Josh and pabola

Thanks for all your feedback, It gave the best insight  and understanding.

This is what I did , because even after I had removed the quick time using
make config on win32-codecs directory

It was giving me some more errors it it could not find file while
downloading(when I issued make install in
/usr/ports/multimedia/win32-codecs),

so I went ahead and downloaded manually download win32-codecs.tar.gz  file
from ports directory http://freebsd.org/ports/multimedia website, replaced
with this new win32-codecs.

That made the rest of mplayer  successful.

Then I bumped into the issue  of sound /dev/dsp error I fixed with
reading the

 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-setup.html(
this I felt is the good help for anyone having sound issues)

did that

# sysctl hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4
# sysctl hw.snd.maxautovchans=4

took care of the sound issue.

(does anyone know how automatically download  the current specific port, I
know portupgrade -a runs, but it runs endlessly forever)

Thanks
Dak