streaming video (at 144kbps)?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Sat Jan 6 08:44:37 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 09:02:25PM -0500, Chris Hill wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Gary Kline wrote:
>
> >	Any ideas how///what tools to use to watch PBS streams?
> >	Nothing/zip works with [linux-] firefox plus the flashplugin7
> >	and mplayer.
>
> I'm able to watch PBS video clips using mplayer-plugin under native
> firefox on 5.5-R. I don't know about streams, because I couldn't find
> one after a cursory look through http://www.pbs.org/. Can you post a URL
> for something you are unable to watch? It may also be helpful to know
> what versions of everything that you are using (you know the drill).

	I thoughtthey were "streams."  *BZZT*  Video clips is more
	likely.  When I click on the Windows row of options, nothing
	happens.  My router is not flashing, so nothing is coming across.
	Sounds like a misconfiguration problem because I've rarely gotten
	mplayer to work, even with windows audio.  Suggestions??

	I was aiming at the "Wired" Sci-Tech series... that I missed :-(

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix