Stuck on win32-codecs compilation.

Juha Saarinen juhasaarinen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 21:15:19 PST 2007

On 1/4/07, Dak Ghatikachalam <dghatikachalam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Freebsd
>
> I was trying to make  mplayer and  it spat me on error,  win32 -codecs,
> and went on trying the clean up the win32-codecs and try to make the codecs,
> it still errored out
>
> Has anyone faced the same issue,  Please share your thoughts.
>
> I am scratching my head, what I should doing about this.

Waiting until the remote code execution security hole is plugged would
seem to be a sensible thing:

"The Apple Security Team reports that there are multiple
vulnerabilities within QuickTime (one of the plugins for
win32-codecs). A remote attacker capable of creating a malicious SGI
image, FlashPix, FLC movie, or a QuickTime movie can possibly lead to
execution of arbitrary code or cause a Denial of Service (application
crash).

Users who have QuickTime (/win32-codecs) as a browser plugin may be
vulnerable to remote code execution by visiting a website containing a
malicious SGI image, FlashPix, FLC movie or a QuickTime movie."

--
Juha
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/juha