Setting another machine as a firewall

Peter Nyamukusa petern at africaonline.co.zw
Wed Jan 3 04:28:07 PST 2007

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 11:34, Olivier Nicole wrote:
> > i want to set another machine as a firewall for my mail server to prevent
> > receiving huge number of spams each day.
> > so, how shuold i change my DNS to do this ?
Also note that port 25 on the firewall should be open, either accepting email
as an SMTP Gateway or redirecting incoming SMTP requests on port 25 to your
mail server.

> Have your MX reccord to point to the firewall mail server.
>
> But before you do that, you should make sure that the firewall is
> set-up and configured and running.
>
> Olivier

Peter Nyamukusa
Systems Administrator
Africa Online Zimbabwe
Tel:    +263-4-250890
Fax:    +263-4-702203
E-mail: petern at africaonlineco.zw
AIM:   petenya

Africa Online Disclaimer and Confidentiality Note

This e-mail, its attachments and any rights attaching hereto are,
unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of
Africa Online Holdings (Mauritius) Limited and/or its subsidiaries
("the Group"). It is confidential and intended for the addressee
only. Should you not be the addressee and have received this e-mail
by mistake, kindly notify the sender, delete this e-mail
immediately and do not disclose or use the same in any manner
whatsoever. Views and opinions expressed in this e-mail are those
of the sender unless clearly stated as those of the Group. The
Group accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages,
however incurred, resulting from the use of this e-mail or its
attachments. The Group does not warrant the integrity of this
e-mail, nor that it is free of errors, viruses, interception or
interference. For more information about Africa Online, please
visit our website at http://www.africaonline.com