which web mail / calendar to use

Girish Venkatachalam girishvenkatachalam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 03:51:51 PST 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 11:43:33AM +0100, Michael Grant wrote:
> I'm looking for a web mail and calendar to install on my freebsd box.
> Ideally something "web 2.0" like gmail and google calendar is what my
> users are after.
>
> In some searching around, I turned up Hula (http://hula-project.org)
> and Zimbra (http://www.zimbra.com).  Both have open-source versions.
> Zimbra seems more mature.  Neither seems to be easy to install on an
> existing freebsd box and both seem to replace everything including the
> mailer and popd/imapd.  It's not clear to me if anyone has ever
> succeeded in getting Hula working on Freebsd.
>
> Has anyone had any luck with any other packages?

roundcube seems to be the most talked about Ajax webmail software out there.

I would go for a simple Javascript web calender. I am yet to find one since I never looked for it. :)

Hope this helps.

regards,
Girish

--
When your mind is purified like a mirror knowledge is reflected in it.
                                    Adi Sankaracharya, Hindu saint