Asking for bugs instead of about them, for a change.

Jim Stapleton stapleton.41 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 23:49:39 UTC 2007

I'm wokring on a project to add to the handbook, on debugging port
installs that fail, when it's trivially user fixable.

However, I haven't collected all of my error messages from broken port
installs I've had. Would it be possible to have some people mail me
(unless someone says otherwise, directly, so as not to clutter the
list), port build errors related to either

[a] broken dependancy relations
or
[b] overly-agressive CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS

The last 50 to 100 lines should be more than sufficient. What I really need is

[a] A copy of the relevant parts of the make.conf file (CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/CPUTYPE)
[b] the entire dependancy trace (the list of ports that the system is
backtracking out of), and the last 15 to 20 lines of the actual build
(be it the configuration steps, the compilation commands, etc).

Also nice would be
[c] How you fixed it or plan to fix it.

Thank you,
-Jim Stapleton