Forcing correct version of Clamav to be installed

RW fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com
Sat Feb 24 20:54:05 UTC 2007

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 19:02:24 +0000
Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:

> In most of the common cases where alternative dependencies are
> available in the ports, there will be a mechanism available for
> choosing amongst various different ones coded into the port Makefile.

I think that one thing that the ports system lacks is a simple origin
substitution variable in make.conf that you can use when all else fails,
e.g.

SUBSTITUTE_ORIGINS+= devel/pcre|devel/pcre-utf8

to make things that depend on devel/pcre depend on devel/pcre-utf8
instead.

It's not automatic, but it is simple and transparent.