Ultrium 448 Tape Drive

jhall at vandaliamo.net jhall at vandaliamo.net
Wed Feb 21 18:47:26 UTC 2007

>From what I have read, I think the Ultrium tape drive is completely
compatible with FreeBSD.  If I am understanding the specs correctly, it
uses hardware compression to compress data.  And, again if I am
understanding everything correctly, I should be able to use the mt command
to tell the tape drive to use hardware compression.

This is the first server I have used FreeBSD on with a tape drive and want
to make sure everything goes as smooth as possible.

Thanks,

Jay