Reg, User rights

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Feb 21 14:13:45 UTC 2007

[Format recovered - PLEASE don't top post! ]

On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:30:10 +0530
<tanniru.sankar at wipro.com> wrote:

> From: <tanniru.sankar at wipro.com>
> To: <n.subburaman at gmail.com>, <questions at freebsd.org>
> Subject: RE: Reg, User rights
> Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:30:10 +0530
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
>

>  Hi,
>
>     While creating user accout using  'adduser' command, give 'Login
> group' as 'wheel' which will give administrator rights for that
> particular username.
>
> Regards.

Hi Subburaman,
please read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/users.html

Membership to the wheel group will give you some more access than not belonging
to that group, but probably is not what you have in mind (if you come from a
MS Windows background where belonging to "Administrator" group is all you
really need to wreak hav[del del] err... "manage" a system ;). It will
definitely allow you to su to root...
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Anyone who isn?t confused here doesn?t really understand what?s going on.

Warned.