Invisible process killing the CPU

Sergey Zaharchenko doublef-ctm at yandex.ru
Fri Feb 16 19:33:40 UTC 2007

Hello Nagy!

Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 10:25:03PM +0300 I wrote:

> [ systat -vmstat 1 ]
> > Namei         Name-cache    Dir-cache               4960 prcfr
>                                                       ^^^^
>
> Looks like processes on this system are forking at a rate of 5000/sec.

Ouch, that's pages freed by exiting processes, not process forks (gotta
get some sleep). Anyway, if this is persistent, then some processes are
exiting all the time, and they have to get created somehow, so the
scenario is the same...

--
DoubleF
No virus detected in this message. Ehrm, wait a minute...