Building Home Server

Drew Jenkins drewjenkinsjr at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 15:55:43 UTC 2007

>Start menu/Run
>cmd
>There you will get a win32 console where you can type in
>
>ipconfig /all

Miscommunication. I *did* that. It pops up the info I need on the screen so fast then the screen disappears...I never have a chance to read the info!! What do??

Also, I found this info on a Web page built into my satellite interface:

IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.225.0
NAT IP Address: 67.46.93.3
NAT Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255

So, now I've got the IP address and the subnet mask, but I still need to find out the IP address of the default gateway, the hostname, and the DNS server IP addresses.

>However, I do not understand what you are trying to do.

I'm trying to configure FBSD so I can get online. There is an interface at setup that requests all this data. Also, the manual says to have this data handy (it is the manual I am currently referencing).

>Probably your interface uses DHCP.

Yes, DHCP is enabled.

>You should type in
>
>/sbin/sysinstall
>
>and then configure your network interface.

Yes, that is what I will do, but first I need the above questions answered, because that is the data I must enter!

TIA,
Drew