How to display .png?

Roger Olofsson raggen at passagen.se
Fri Feb 16 12:02:05 UTC 2007

Dear Mailing List,

As usual, thanks alot for all answers to my previous questions! I will
try and step up and answer the ones I can.

I'm still fiddling around with a machine that's upgraded to 6.2 and have
encountered a small thing. Apache refuses to display .png pictures. This
is probably some setting somewhere and I have looked in the following:

httpd.conf of course
php.ini

I have reinstalled and checked options for php5, I have checked options
and reinstalled gd and I have compared httpd.conf and php.ini with a
FreeBSD 5.5, I have run phpinfo on both machines and compared the
results, they look very much alike. The 5.5 displays .pngs fine though.

I have also checked file permissions for the pictures, they all look
fine. The output of httpd-error.log has no pointers.

What could be the magic trick? Probably something really simple?