Automatic rsh login to BSD Box

Ashok TM atmblr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 04:39:18 UTC 2007

Hi

I have 2 BSD boxes, want to acheive automatic rsh  login from one BSD box to
other.
I tried placing host name of the  boxes in .rhosts file  of the boxes under
~root  directory.
This works fine with user account and  I am able to  remotely execute
commands on the other box with rsh.

Eg:
==
rsh  bsd2 df
bsd2 - host
df - command

But with super user account , i get error as
rshd: Login incorrect.   which basically is * Login incorrect.*   No
password file entry for the user name existed or the authentication
procedure described above failed.Though i have password file entry of root
in each of the BSD boxes

~atm