SSH Lockup

Indigo indigo at voda.cz
Wed Feb 14 11:21:46 UTC 2007

Hello Everyone,
  I just stumbled upon something very strange.
I just installed 6.2 on a machine that was sitting in it's own private
network behind an older 5.4 machine:

Gateway
	- Switch
		- Workstation
		- FreeBSD_5.4
			- FreeBSD_6.2

Things worked fine and I was messing around with hardware and such -
getting the machine somewhat ready.
Now that it's ready I rearranged the network a bit so I can start
configuring mailserver and such:

Gateway
	- Switch
		- Workstation
		- Switch
			- FreeBSD_5.4
			- FreeBSD_6.2

Ever since I did this - I can ping between the two machines and the 6.2
can connect to 5.4, but I can't SSH to the 6.2 from the 5.4.
Even better - connecting directly from my Workstation works fine.

I tried flushing arp. But I just can't get the 5.4 to talk to 6.2 anymore.
nmap cant find any ports.
I can't find any log messages.
I suppose it's a fault on the 5.4 side - but what kind of error is it?

Do you have any idea of what kind of crazy voodoo can be going on?

Thanks,
Vasek