change of runlevel 5 to runlevel 3 in FreeBSD 6.1

DeadMan Xia .... deadmanxia at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 04:33:14 UTC 2007

Dear Friends ,,

Well i m facing some problem reagrding System Boot in FreeBSD 6.1, I have
installed GNOME2 and when my system  reboots its start in X Windows. Now i
want to change Run Level 5 to Run level 3. Can anybody help me out ?

I have tried these changes in /etc/ttys for ttyv8 in both way make ttyv8
comment or uncomment but in vain.

ttyv0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
# Virtual terminals
ttyv1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
ttyv2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
ttyv3   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
ttyv4   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
ttyv5   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
ttyv6   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
ttyv7   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         cons25  on  secure
#ttyv8  "/usr/X11R6/bin/kdm -nodaemon"  xterm   on  secure

Xia ...