GMail [and other free email] and these lists?

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Feb 12 21:41:52 UTC 2007

On Monday February 12, 2007 at 02:50:24 (PM) Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

> Does this list automatically reject subscribers "free" email addresses?
> I would like to move over to Gmail to avoid all the spam coming in from
> the years of using this address, but I am not getting any response from
> the subscription request.

Besides the fact that GMail sucks is the added benefit that it will not
relay messages that you send to a mailing list back to you. That is not
a problem if you do not want to receive a copy of your posting. However,
it would be nice if Google left that decision up to you and not their
discretion.

--
Gerard

"I choose to ignore, of course, the fact that self-Googling
is perhaps the most narcissistic thing a person can do that doesn't
involve actually humping a mirror."

       Dan Kois